Wednesday, September 7, 2016

How to Fix Problem - Can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8).?

Can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8).

I can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8).

I followed the Microsoft ie8 uninstall intructions exactly but now I have the following errors:

1.
    ie7 fails to load - it flashes on the screen for less than a second but doesn't appear

2.
    I cannot access Internet Options from the Control Panel icon.
The icon is present but the icon     text is missing.
It just does not open.
Therefore, I cannot try to Reset ie7 using the Advanced     tab in Options/Properties
3.
    inetcpl.cpl entered into "run" does not open Internet Options either
4.
    The is no option to unistall ie7 from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
ie7 is listed     with all its updates.
5    I have located the unistall ie7 option elsewhere on my system and this appears to work but,     it warns if ie7 is unistalled then all the (listed) programs installed after ie7 might not work.

    There are over 40 Microsoft updates in the list including SP2 and SP3 and many other     programmes/applications.
6    I have tried to re-install a new download of ie7 but that does not work either.
7    A new install of ie8 does have a working Internet Options/Properties icon and it does work
    but it is so slow and hogs all my available CPU to 100% and slows the whole computer down     too.
This is the reason I unistalled ie8 - ie7 used to fly like the wind

Please Note*
*The system is clean of any rogueware/spyware/virus
*inetcpl.cpl is listed in the registry
*I have run sfc /scannow and after reboot ie7 and Internet Options are still not working - everything else is working fine.
*I have tried a couple of Microsoft IE fixes from the Help and Support but none have worked
*I am running XP Home (pukka copy) 950Hrtz AMD Athlon cpu (I know..), plenty of available memory and disc space.

So, my queries/problems are:
if I go ahead with the unistall of ie7 from the other location on my machine will it mean I have to re-install over 40 Microsoft updates and the other items listed including SP2 and SP3?

Is there a fix to get Iinternet Options function back so I can try a twiddle with the ie7 Reset button?

How do I stop ie8 being listed as an download from Microsoft Updates?

I was hoping to uninstall ie7 then re-install a fresh copy and go back to where I was before ie8 uninstall crashed my working ie7?

I did not want to instal ie8 after reading how it is a big application that hogs resources and I didn't want it anyway as ie7 was working fine but, it appeared as an Essential Update from Microsoft and the option not to install it was NOT AVAILABLE (who came
up with that bad idea at Microsoft???).

So, there I was with a perfectly good working computer than after a Microsoft security update download and an unistall it got a busted system.

The Internet Options/Properties function appears to have been damaged or corrupted after the uninstall of ie8

Does anybody know how to fix my queries/problems please?

Anwsers to the Problem Can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8).

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Thanks for reply Joseph - din't realise this was Vista only but,

just wanted to let you know i have resolved part of the ie7/ie8 problem by doing an uninstall/reinstall of my modem and driver.

Internet Explorer 8 is now running just as well as my previous ie7 used to do - but - ie8 has given me back the huge increase in in my System Idle Hardware Interrupts from 0 - 43% and the s/idle Deferred Proceedure Calls from 0 to 39%.
Have not figured this
bit out yet or what/why is other than the problem does NOT occur in Safe Mode.

However, once again, I had no choice but accept an update from m/soft to install ie8 alongside other updates and then...
it still ran like a ton of bricks and whacked up my cpu to 100% from its usuall 4% system idle.

I can see from my records that I did the ie8 install/uninstall and System Resore SEVEN times over the last few weeks before I started this post string for help - and thanks guys that replied.

After doing 7 system restores I cleared tho log (Doh! Idiot!) and then found ie7 had gone wrong so I couldn't go back to it.
Tried many things other than Repair to try to fix ie7 - found where the errors are in Internet Explorer (missing files - that sfc /scannow
didn't pick-up) so I decided that going back is not the way of going forward and so I accpted the 8th ie8 update install download (Mmmmm, perhaps lucky 8?) and went on to see how to fix it running like ie8loatware - seem to have part sorted - now comes, I
guess, the more tricky but.
Many thanks for your time.
One Love.

Make Sure that your Hardware Meets the System Requirements

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing:

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

If your computer meets the minimum requirements above, then continue on…

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8).:

How to Fix Can't get Internet Explorer7 (ie7) to work after I unistalled Internet Explorer8 (ie8). with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: How to Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S5833 Supervisor Password Utility v.1.48.0.8C r2 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite C675-S7104 Laptop Checkup v.2.0.13.11 driver,How Can I Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 Face Recognition v.3.1.3 driver,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L845D-SP4328KL Atheros LAN Driver v.2.1.0.5,How to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite R930 Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool v.3.0.32.4 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.8.17.12.6686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.11.6.0.1030,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.9.3.0.1019,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.9.1.1.1015,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: How to Fix Problem - can i run excel on my ipad??,Troubleshoot:can i run microsoft golf 2 1995 on windows 7,[Anwsered] Can I retrofit Vista on Win 8 machine?,Solution to Problem: Can I restore from a Windows 32bit's backup file to the Windows 64bit?,Can or not my laptop shutdown itself??? Teach me,please.... [Anwsered],Can I safely remove earlier versions on my pc,Can I rotate a graph so it shows on my page sideways?,Can I safely ignore Office file validation alert message?,Can I send a JPEG file in a PDF form ?,can I review when my computer has been accessed from outside my home?

No comments:

Post a Comment