Does "Windows Backup" backup deleted Junk Mail from Windows Live Mail?
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and started using Windows Backup for backup and Norton AV2010 as my antivirus program.
On two occasions in the past week, NAV has reported virus-infected e-mail attachments in my "Windows Backup" backup set.
postcard.zip contained threat W32.Mytob@mm
[Contained in] 0ab14da3-00000deb.eml
[Contained in] f:\chris-tvwb\backup set 2009-11-14 011536\backup files 2009-12-01 21000\backup files 1.zip
I suspect that postcard.zip was an attachment to an e-mail that I never opened and deleted from my Junk Mail folder in Windows Live Mail.
I delete several hundred junk e-mails each day.
I have Windows Backup set to run once a day.
Is Windows Backup backing up Junk Mail and/or deleted Junk Mail from Windows Live Mail to my backup set? Is there a way to prevent this? I'm glad NAV is finding and eradicating it, but of course I'd rather not have viruses in my backup set.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Keys to the Problem Does "Windows Backup" backup deleted Junk Mail from Windows Live Mail?
Hi Chris Allingham
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!
The message you have mentioned in the post clearly refers to mails in windows live mail.
The backup feature would back up all the mails in windows live mail.
So, I would recommend you to check Windows live mail to delete the mail containing postcard.zip.
You may even run online scanner to check any malware or virus activity.
Below links will help you run free scan on the computer.
I would even suggest you to delete all the junk mails from windows live mail and then perform backup.
Thanks and Regards:
Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Does "Windows Backup" backup deleted Junk Mail from Windows Live Mail?:
How to Fix Does "Windows Backup" backup deleted Junk Mail from Windows Live Mail? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 18.104.22.16828,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.22.214.171.12433,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.126.96.36.19947,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooting:Driver for G41 Chipset Express on Windows 8.1,Troubleshooter of Error: downloaded Picasa 3,cannot pull up. says non compatabile,Troubleshoot:Drag and Drop stops working until computer is restarted Error,How to Resolve - Does Refreshing/Resetting windows 8 erase activation data??,How to Fix - Display names of compared files in Word 2010 comparison document?,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)