disk space disappeared 300 whole GB
My computer initially had Windows vista installed but I later installed windows 7.
The computer is about 4 years old and I have not had any serious problems with it until recently.
About a few months ago I began to run out of memory and I thought it
might have been possible because I had a ton of games, videos and media on my disk space.
Over a period of time I deleted many of the programs and videos in order to make room.
In all i ended up deleting 100+ GB worth of stuff and the scary thing was that
over time all that free memory disappeared and my computer kept on telling me there was no disk space available.
I tried using tree size and manually looking through the files but I cannot find the files that are eating up nearly 300 GB of memory.
only picks up 180 GB of memory being used out of the 465 GB and 100 of it is from the remaining programs files I have installed.
I have literally deleted all my temp files including the internet ones which took up the majority of the space in the Users local
I have checked my back up files and everything and have cleared all of them and now I am stuck wondering where my memory is going.
If i leave my computer on I can literally sit there and open up "my computer" and watch my disk space slowly go down in
In an hour 100 MB of free disk space disappears.
When I right click and click properties on the user file after it processes all the files it says that it is taking up over 300 GB of space which I cant see even after I marked to see hidden files
and tree size doesn't catch them either.
I need help on how I can access these files or help on how to fix this issue.
It might be viral because I have not had any virus protection on my computer since for some time since my yearly subscription ended.
Anwsers to the Problem disk space disappeared 300 whole GB
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: disk space disappeared 300 whole GB:
How to Fix disk space disappeared 300 whole GB with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 126.96.36.19928,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.188.8.131.5233,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.184.108.40.20647,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Drag and Drop in Excel [Anwsered],[Anwsered] Does Windows 7 wake from sleep mode when Backup is scheduled to run?,[Solution] display my address book to list names 1st name last, Last name 1st. order,Solution to Error: Downloading Adobe with Vista,Tech Support: Drive Labels (not letters),Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)