BSOD when computer is sitting idle
Please help as i have tried for a few days to figure this out on my own and am out of ideas. The computer works great while i am active on it and only seems to have issues when i walk away for an hour or so +/-.
intel p67 i7 chip
gigabyte P67-UD7-B3 motherboard
windows 7 64bit
2 GTX 460 SE evga graphics cards
4gb of RAM Kingstons hyper x
Bug Check String
Bug Check Code
Caused By Driver
Caused By Address
Dump File Size
3/20/2011 9:44:40 PM
all four of the file dumps i have on file have the same bug code along with Parameter 1,3,4 being the same.
the only difference is in paramater 2 having slight differences in the numbers fffffa80'066f5028, fffffa80'062a4028, and ffffa80'06231028.
I have downloaded and run the Prime 95 and also ran the Memtest86 neither one of them detected any errors althought they did have some unussual issues. The Prime 95 did get stopped by the BSOD during the run after about 4hrs, I checked the logs and all
perforeded test were passed though. The Memtester86 was running good with no errors and no issues for the first three hours then i went to bed and left it running. When i got up in the morning it was still running but the screen had strang symbles all across
it so i couldnt get any accurate reeding but the program was still going and from what i could make of it there were no error msgs. I then started my computer up in safe mode and left it for three hours, typically plenty of time for the BSOD to attack and
nothing no problems at all. Phew, i am truly at a loss and would like to know what to try next.
Keys to the Problem BSOD when computer is sitting idle
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: BSOD when computer is sitting idle:
How to Fix BSOD when computer is sitting idle with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: bridged network connection questions [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: Bluetooth USB adapter not working on windows 8,Bluetooth not stable with Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8 after 8.1 update [Solved],Troubleshooting:BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes.,[Anwsered] C:\\Windows\\system32\\atiumdag.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work