Broken laptop keyboard on Windows resume loader screen (no ps/2 port)
This problem is similar to one that has come up before in this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/problem-using-keyboard-with-windows-resume-loader/ef93a984-8750-47b5-a354-cce3c5cac2c5?page=1 but unfortunately none
of the fixes there are working for me.
The solution that worked for the poster in that thread was using a PS/2 keyboard, but as I am using a laptop I do not have a PS/2 port.
I have just bought a USB keyboard but that does not work either (lights up with num lock/caps lock keys but otherwise no
The specifics: The screen I am on is the 'Windows Resume Loader' page.
It says the 'last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed.
Attempt to resume again? (use the arrow keys to highlight your choice).' The options I have are 'continue
system resume' and 'delete restoration data and continue to system boot menu'.
But the problem here is that my keyboard has lost all functionality.
I can not select anything.
I can not even boot into a system diagnostic screen or the bios using the function
keys when my computer first boots up.
So basically I'm completely stuck.
My computer did not come with a restoration cd either, but I doubt I would even be able to boot into that because none of the keys work.
If I could just get round this screen I am sure the usb keyboard would work and I would
Please help! Thanks :D
Keys to the Problem Broken laptop keyboard on Windows resume loader screen (no ps/2 port)
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Broken laptop keyboard on Windows resume loader screen (no ps/2 port):
How to Fix Broken laptop keyboard on Windows resume loader screen (no ps/2 port) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.126.96.36.199 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Troubleshoot:Bulleted Lists Within Word,How to Fix Problem - Bookmarks not being saved?,Troubleshoot:c disc cleanup Error,How to Fix Problem - BSODs after fresh W7Ultimate install?,[Solution] Cable Modem w\/Router? - What is the advantage of having a router with my cable modem?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work