After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working.
I recently bought a new Asus Haswell Laptop and it was working well until after I did a windows update and found out that many features that used to work were not working well like Asus console, splendid technology etc but these are not the features that
are really bothering me.
My language bar is now missing and I can't change input language using hotkeys either.
This is a big problem for me as I type in both english and chinese on a regular basis.
Also, I am unable to connect bluetooth devices now which
I can tell would be a problem in future should I need to share work with people.
Is there a way I can undo the Windows update or are there new updates coming along to fix these issues?
Anwsers to the Problem After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working.
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working.:
How to Fix After windows 8 update, many features of my laptop stopped working. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Solution to Problem: after installing Window 7 Service Pack 1 system shuts down when coming out of sleep,How to Fix - AFTER UPGRADE, BEING LOGGED INTO TEMPORARY PROFILE?,Fast Solution to Error: after the last update my comp randomly freezes 9\/14\/2011,[Solution] After installing the IE8 in one of the site the left side pane is not visible which normally comes in IE7 or IE6 I dont know what to do either to uninstall IE8 or some thing is missing from IE8 installation,Troubleshooter of Error: Aligning text in cells in Excel 2007,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?