Monday, April 18, 2016

All "media buttons" stopped working. AGAIN. Windows 7

All "media buttons" stopped working. AGAIN. Windows 7

This is the third time this has happened to me, and this time it's the last straw because none of the "fixes" i did the other two times work this time.
To be a bit more clear on what I mean by "media buttons" is next/prev.
track, play/pause, vol up/down, mute, and stop.
NO, it is nothing to do with my keyboard, because even sending the key(s) through a mouse or program doesn't work.
I have googled this to DEATH, and I can't even find one case of ANYONE ELSE having this problem.

It may be useful to know how I fixed it the other two times.
First time, I honestly don't know what I did.
One day as randomly as it stopped working, it started working again.
(I reinstalled Windows at some point between the first time this happened and the second time.)
Second time, I uninstalled Windows Media Player and restarted about 4 times and then remembered to check if it worked and it did.
This time, Windows Media Player is still gone.

It has nothing to do with the player I am using, because it has nothing to do with it.
(Mute and volume up/down don't work even if it is not open.)

Edit
I forgot some things...
sfc /scannow didn't solve anything.
The drivers are up to date on everything.
I have tried doing a "clean boot" and had no results.
I have tried booting in safe mode.
I have tried a system restore to before the problem started.

Solutions to the Problem All "media buttons" stopped working. AGAIN. Windows 7

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Open Action Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

Update and run your antivirus software. Windows doesn't come with antivirus software, but Action Center can often monitor the antivirus software that you or your computer manufacturer have installed.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: All "media buttons" stopped working. AGAIN. Windows 7:

How to Fix All "media buttons" stopped working. AGAIN. Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After Windows 7 clean install video drivers will not install and say hardware that worked a mere few days ago no longer exist. [Solved],How to Resolve - After upgrade to IE8, I can't find my previous bookmarks which usually displayed after login?,Troubleshooting:After upgrade to Win 7 from Win Vista... my monitor keeps blacking on and off.,[Solution] After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze,Solution to Problem: age of empires II gold edition screen turns black and nothing happens,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?

No comments:

Post a Comment