After running Disk Cleanup the Windows.old folder has disappeared - can I restore this folder ?
After running Disk Cleanup the Windows.old folder has disappeared - how can I restore this folder ?
The recycle bin is empty - I have searched for some of the files
Is there a (shareware / freeware) utility that can find them on my HD ?
Anwsers to the Problem After running Disk Cleanup the Windows.old folder has disappeared - can I restore this folder ?
Warning: Before you use Disk Cleanup, make sure that all of your files and settings are in Windows 7 where you expect them to be.
Deleting the Windows.
old folder can’t be undone.
You have followed steps given in the following article which has led to this problem.
You cannot retrieve windows.
I would suggest you to follow the link and check.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After running Disk Cleanup the Windows.old folder has disappeared - can I restore this folder ?:
How to Fix After running Disk Cleanup the Windows.old folder has disappeared - can I restore this folder ? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After typing in a website in address bar receiving message \"IE cannot display and wants to diagnose connection problems\" [Solved],[Solution] after last update charging options no longer available on my lenovo z570.,Solution to Problem: After some inactivity, IE11 minimizes and clicking on that minimized window fails to reopen it,How Can I Fix - After upgrading to windows 7 my bluetooth mouse microsoft 5000 will not work?,Troubleshooting:agilent license error \"terminal server remote client not allowed\" Error,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?