3D charts where all variables are in columns?
It seems that the standard way of creating a 3D surface plot is to list the range of one independent variable (X) in a COLUMN (say, "A"), and list the range of the 2nd independent variable (Y) in a ROW (say, "1"), then populate the one-and-only dependent
variable (Z) in the resulting matrix of cells ("B2" thru "D5", or whatever).
Is there a way of creating this same 3D surface plot, but by deriving it from a table of data where the X & Y independent variables are in COLUMNS A & B, and the dependent variable (Z) is also in a COLUMN (namely column C)? I've tried copy-n-pasting data
organized like that into a 3D surface plot, but the result is garbage, and I haven't stumbled across a way to "tell" the chart where my independent & dependent variables are.
Can this be done in Excel 2007 (my current version)? If not, can it be done in whatever the state-of-the-art Excel version is?
If this can be made to work, I might ultimately try to expand this into a case where I have ~3 surface plots on one graph (3 dependent variables (Z1, Z2, Z3) in COLUMNS C, D, and E) .
but that's a stretch and might be too busy, visually.
Anwsers to the Problem 3D charts where all variables are in columns?
Make sure that you have field names (column headers) above your data in columns A, B and C.
You can create a pivot chart from the data:
Click anywhere in the data.Activate the Insert tab of the ribbon.Click the lower half of the PivotTable button and select PivotChart.Specify where you want the pivottable and pivotchart, then click OK.Drag the name of the x-values to the Axis Fields box.Drag the name of the y-values to the Legend Fields box.Drag the name of the z-values to the Values box.Change the chart type to Surface.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix 3D charts where all variables are in columns?
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 3D charts where all variables are in columns?:
How to Fix 3D charts where all variables are in columns? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How Can I Fix - 12 GB of DDR3 RAM not recognized.?,Troubleshoot:1: System Restore Error 0x80042318__2: Windows Media Player 11 Will not open__3: Internet Explorer 8 Freezes as soon as opened. Error,Troubleshooting:16 bit o/s in virtual pc Error,Troubleshoot:32bit vista computer won't work with juno needs triedit.dll ??? Error,Tech Support: 64 bit open gl 1.1,2 UPDATES constantly FAIL to INSTALL: Security Update for Microsoft Works 9 (KB2431831) Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 System (KB2288931),2011 Word for Mac - My center alignment and all alignments for some reason, no matter what will move my whole paper instead of the highlighted text,2 Laptops connected with 1-sided advantage homegroup,4gig ram installed win7 64bit saying only 3 gig usable.,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS