1-999 number saying there were responding to Windows messages from my computer
Is this a legitimate number. Told them that my son would fix it
Keys to the Problem 1-999 number saying there were responding to Windows messages from my computer
There have been reports from people about these calls from someone representing Windows (note: not Microsoft).
This is a phishing attempt!.
Do not give out any information. This is a scam! Do not follow their directions or advice and provide NO information to them.
They are simple trying to fool you into giving
them your hard-earned money in exchange for nothing of value.
Since they are using the internet and/or phone lines to accomplish their fraud, there may be federal agencies in your country that are interested in finding out about their calls.
Report them directly to the appropriate agency if you feel that you can contribute
in their arrest and prosecution.
Microsoft does NOT pick up the phone and start dialing customers and never phones/emails people asking them for personal information or requesting them to visit some web site! Please disregard any of these calls and hang up immediately.
Click on the following article for more information.
Don't fall for phony phone tech support
On another note, if you are experiencing any problems with your computer please feel free to post a description of the situation and any error messages that you have received into these forums.
We would be glad to help.
(personal information not required nor requested!)
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 1-999 number saying there were responding to Windows messages from my computer:
How to Fix 1-999 number saying there were responding to Windows messages from my computer with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Read More: How to Fix Error - 64-bit Publisher 2010 - Publisher failed to start correctly last time.?,Fast Solution to Error: 32 bit vs. 64 bit,How Can I Fix - 100% CPU but all processers are running low?,How to Fix - 2010 Mail Merge?,Solution to Problem: 2012 calendar template for 2007 excel version that has 12 pg for each month, with notes?,1723 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required,2 available drives on protection settings RECOVERY and OS (C) System and restore points,14 June Update May Have Created File Manager Problem,2 hyperlinks 1 cell,3.45gb out of 4gb usable RAM in Windows 8.1 64 bit